The brains of the outfit
Rockford Fosgate designed this hide-away PMX-8BB "black box” digital media receiver to work with their PMX-8DH controller. With this compact unit tucked away below and the PMX-8DH on your dash, you'll have a convenient, powerful system that will keep you and your crew entertained.
Designed for digital music
With built-in Bluetooth and simple, secure pairing, it's easy to make your smartphone the center of your marine media system. It works with your Apple or Android phone (see below) and lets you enjoy your stored music or listen to your favorite Pandora playlists. You can also tune in to terrestrial AM/FM or Weatherband radio channels.
You can tune in to terrestrial AM/FM or Weatherband radio channels, or add a satellite radio tuner to enjoy SiriusXM's awesome programming when you're miles and miles offshore.
The compact design fits into tight spots.
Four listening zones
The PMX-8BB lets you control four separate zones on your vessel. Each zone includes selectable high-pass and low-pass filters, selectable (12 dB or 24 dB) crossover slopes, and dedicated DSP audio processors with independent 7-band EQs and Rockford Fosgate's Plus EQ. The built-in 4-channel amp delivers 25 watts RMS per channel.
Once you have those setting straight, Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM), a type of non-volatile memory, will keep them all safe when the power is removed during the off-season.
You'll control most of the PMX-8BB's functions through the PMX-8DH, but you can also add up to three Rockford Fosgate remote controls. Mount one on the bow, one on the swim platform, and one down below. It all depends on your boat and how many controllers you need.
You can also connect a rear-view camera to the receiver and see what's behind you when you're backing into a slip, which is a great feature for any boat, but especially larger vessels.
Other control options include an IR remote input and an input for wired illumination control. You can also connect an optional Rockford Fosgate CAN-BUS transceiver, which connects this receiver to your Multi-Function Display (MFD) system. The rear USB port can be used to charge your devices and install firmware and Bluetooth software updates.
Built tough for boating
The hideaway design keeps the PMX-8BB out of the elements, of course, but life on a boat is still a damp, humid existence. To ensure all-season reliability, Rockford equips this water-resistant receiver with a conformal coated circuit board, so it will keep rockin' for years to come. It sports an IPX5 rating for water intrusion, so it's protected against moisture or the occasional stray blast of water.
Bluetooth note: The use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPhone note: If you're going to use your iPod with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for specific iPod model compatibility with this receiver.
This marine digital media receiver will not play CDs.
- Automotive-grade AM/FM Radio, Weatherband Radio digital tuner. Supports Radio Data System (RDS) to receive and display broadcast information
- Licensed Pandora control (apple direct USB or BT/ android via Bluetooth)
- Made for iPhone apple certified
- Bluetooth, A2DP only, AVRCP 1.4
- Simple secure pairing Bluetooth profile for android & iOS
- Display album art from connected iPhones on the radios display
- Folder browsing via BT connected iPhones
- 4 sets (Zones) RCA out; 4 active with 4 channels per zone (2 full-range + 2 sub) 4V signal output
- Internal power amplifier 4x50w 2 ohm stable
- Selectable high pass and low pass crossover points for each independent zone
- Selectable crossover slopes of 12dB or 24 dB for each independent zone
- Dedicated DSP audio processors for each zone with independent 7 Band EQ+Punch EQ
- Adjustable input gain for each source
- Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory (EEPROM) is a type of non-volatile memory used in electronic devices to store data that must be saved when power is removed
- Integrated voltage gauge w/ low voltage alert
- Wired remote ready (up to 3 remotes)
- Rear aux-in (L/R)
- External steering wheel remote control interface compatible
- External trigger input to activate reverse camera mode
- Wired illumination control
- Optional CAN-BUS transceiver ready (PMX-CAN)
- Rear USB with 1a charging (supports album art on USB connected iPhones)
- Epoxy coated circuit board
- Upgradeable Firmware and Bluetooth Software via USB
- IPX5 Water Intrusion Rating: Water projected from nozzles from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
- CANbus (Controller Area Network) compatible. Requires PMX-CAN accessory
- Compatible with a Multi-Function Display using NMEA2K entertainment standard. See our MFD Compatibility Chart
- *Antenna not included
- 2-Year Warranty
What's in the box:
- Hide-away marine receiver
- 4 Screws
- Installation/Operation Manual