Rockford Fosgate showcases their fanatical commitment to sonic excellence in the Punch Series of speakers, amps, and subs. If you like to listen to potent, powerful music — and feel it too — Punch components will give you impressive sound that'll stand out in a crowd.
Designed for deeper, louder bass
Rockford Fosgate designed the P3D2-12 12" subwoofer to stay strong even when the bass gets hot. This Punch P3 sub features a rigid anodized aluminum cone that holds its shape through heavy play, while staying light and responsive. Rockford Fosgate uses a new technique to attach the oversized rubber surround to the cone that increases available cone area up to 25%, so this sub can push more air for even bigger bass.
The aluminum cone acts as a giant heat sink, directing heat away from the copper-clad aluminum voice coils. Special venting keeps the voice coils cool, so you get incredibly consistent bass performance over time. This P3 sub features an extended pole piece and bumped backplate that leaves more room for heavy excursion, so it'll hit deeper lows without "bottoming out."
The dual 4-ohm voice coils allow you to wire the sub for 2-ohm impedance to get maximum power output, or for 8-ohm impedance if you're using multiple subs. The P3D4-12 sub works equally well in a sealed or ported enclosure, so you can choose the kind of bass you want for your system.
- 12" Dual 2 ohm Punch Stage 3 Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Recommended power range: 300 - 700 watts RMS
- CEA-2031 Compliant
- Klippel Verified
- Flex-fit Mounting pattern
- Proprietary spider venting/cooling technique
- StampCast basket with integrated spider venting
- Sturdy 16 gauge compound bend frame geometry
- High modulus Kevlar re-inforced paper-pulp cone
- Semi-flexible, PVC removable protective motor cover
- Multi-point high-temp/high-strength neck joint bonding technique
- Tall-profile VAST Santoprene surround for larger surface area
- Dual tear & fatigue resistant poly-cotton spider with woven tinsel leads
- Fatigue resistant and reduced strain "stitched on" flexible lead wire design
- Proprietary all metal, radially oriented compression input terminal assembly
- Optimized motor magnetics with extended pole and bumped vented backplate
- High temp 2.5" voice coil w/ spun-laced Nomex insulating reinforcement collar
- Die-Cast aluminum soft-touch painted trim ring allows for optional integrated grill
- Stamped Mesh Grille Insert Available: Rockford Fosgate P2P3G-12
- Mounting Depth: 6.66"
- Cutout Diameter: 11.25"
- Magnet Weight: 96 oz
- Frequency Response: 27.7 - 250 Hz
- Xmax: 15.9mm
- Sensitivity: 85 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Recommended Ported Enclosure: 1.79ft³
- Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 1.02ft³
- Matching Amplifiers: (one subwoofer)
- Rockford Fosgate P1000X1bd, Parallel @2ohms
✔ Preferred Match
- Rockford Fosgate R750-1D, Parallel @2ohms
- Rockford Fosgate R500X1D, Parallel @2ohms
- Matching Amplifier: (two subwoofers)
- Rockford Fosgate P1000X1bd, Parallel @1ohm
- Authorised UK Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
What's in the box:
- One 12" Dual 4-ohm voice coil subwoofer
- Trim ring
- Eight 1-1/8" Allen head screws
- 4mm Allen head bit
- Installation/Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German)