An evolved choice
Evolution™ C5 is a serious product, engineered by JL Audio to meet the demands of the toughest acoustic and environmental conditions in the high-fidelity world. It is not about cute buzzwords or the exotic material of the month... it's all about making your music come alive with realism and excitement. C5 woofers and tweeters are precision-built in Germany alongside JL's flagship ZR components, incorporating their exclusive DMA-optimized motor and patented Elevated Frame Cooling technologies. Particular emphasis has been placed on off-axis response and dynamic stability which might not be that important during a five-minute evaluation on a demo board but makes all the difference when installed in your car. The system is comprised of high-end silk dome tweeters, die-cast alloy baskets, and renowned Kurt Müller designed cones and suspensions. In addition, C5 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations! The combination of these components provides smooth and transparent audio for the true Audiophile!
Silk Dome Tweeter
JL Audio C5 tweeters incorporate silk dome diaphragms to deliver smooth high-frequency transitions, on and off-axis. Silk is a natural material with inherently good characteristics as a tweeter diaphragm. In addition to being very light in weight, silk exhibits excellent damping properties, which reduces ringing and resonances in the tweeter's passband, leading to a smooth, pleasing high-frequency character free from unnatural sibilance or exaggerated brightness. This is why a Silk Dome Tweeter is preferred by many audiophiles for its overall balance. The small size of the tweeter minimizes tweeter protrusion, allowing it to easily fit behind most factory speaker grilles.
Unparalleled Build and Precision
DMA is JL Audio's proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis system and is aimed at improving dynamic motor behavior. As a result of DMA optimization, Evolution C5 motors remain linear in motor force over an extreme range of excursion and also maintain a highly stable fixed magnetic field in the gap over a wide power range. This leads to vastly reduced distortion and faithfully reproduced transients... or put simply: tight, clean, articulate low end. In addition, JL Audio turns to their partners at Germany's Dr. Kurt Müller & Co. for critical cone and suspension elements that provide unparalleled woofer performance.
- 6.5" Evolution C5 Series 2-way Component Car Speakers
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts per channel
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts per channel
- Recommended Power Range: 25 - 150 watts per channel
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone
- Butyl Rubber Surround
- Cast Alloy Frame/Basket
- Elevated Frame Cooling
- Ferrite Woofer Magnet
- 1.00" Voice Coil on Kapton Former
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- Dynamic Motor Analysis (DMA) Optimized Motor
- 0.75" Silk Soft Dome Tweeter
- Ferrofluid Cooling/Damping Neodymium Tweeter Magnet
- 2-way Crossover Network w/ 2nd Order Low-Pass and 2nd Order High-Pass Circuit
- Premium Mylar Capacitors w/ Air-Core Inductors
- 4-Position Adjustable Tweeter Output Level
- 3-position Mid-range Presence Control
- Polyswitch Tweeter Protection
- Black Steel Mesh Grille with An Electroformed JL Audio Logo Included
- Woofer Dimensions:
- Top-mount depth: 2.54"
- Cutout Dimensions: 5.56"
- Tweeter Dimensions: (Flush Mount)
- Top-mount depth: 0.56"
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.50"
- Crossover Dimensions:
- Width: 3.36"
- Height: 1.44"
- Depth: 4.72"
- Nominal Impedance: 4 ohm
- Efficiency: 89.5 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz ± 3 dB
- UK Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
What's in the box:
- Two C5-650cw Woofers
- Two C5-075ct Tweeters installed in flush-mount fixtures (with attached 6" speaker wires)
- Two C5-650-XO Crossovers
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Self-adhesive JL Audio badges
- 2 Tweeter mounting rings
- Butyl adhesive putty for woofer grilles
- 2 Metal spring clips for tweeter fixtures
- Two 1-1/4" pan-head machine screws
- 4 Crimp-on 2.8mm male quick slides
- Twelve 1-1/4" self-tapping screws
- 8 Speed clips
- 12 Crimp-on spade connectors
- 2 Crimp-on 6.4mm female quick slides
- 2 Crimp-on 4.7mm female quick slides
- Owner's Manual
- Woofer cutout template