Dension Gateway 500S iPod iPhone USB Aux Adapter
Want to listen to hours (days) of uninterrupted music? Have a smartphone and want to use it in the car to listen to music? Already have a handsfree kit? We the solution for you. Easy to use menu browsing. All information is displayed on the screen or cluster display. Connect whatever music source you want to.
Gateway 500S is Dension’s premium interface and is designed to work with cars utilizing the fiber optic MOST™ system. Since there is no Bluetooth functionality in this version the feature set is a bit less, thus enabling a lower price.
- Easy to use interface with menu browsing and music information on your car display (including cluster) regardless of the music source
- iPhone 5 support through the 'Lightning to USB' cable (not included in the package)
- USB music playback
- The sound of phone music, videos, navigation, podcasts etc. come through the car speakers
- Phone battery charging on the go
- iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone compatible
- Aux-in available
- External device control through the original sound system controls
- Retain the factory look of the car but add new features
Single-FOT (lower price) and Dual-FOT (enables CD-Changer retention) versions are both available.
- Optical harness
- Power cable
- Connector Port
- Installation and user guide
- USB Sync & Charge Cable with Lightning Connector (IPLC1GW)
- iPhone control via iPod dock cable (IPDC1GW)
- 3G cradle (IP44CR9)
- iPhone 5 cradle for Gateway (IP5LCRU)
- DAB+G (DABACC1)
How it Works?
The Gateway 500S works by emulating the CD-Changer in the vehicle and enables you to use the original radio controls.
It utilizes the MOST™ (Media Oriented Systems Transport) system, a high-speed multimedia network technology optimized by the automotive industry. The serial MOST bus uses a ring topology and synchronous data communication to transport audio, video, voice and data signals via plastic optical fiber (POF) (MOST25, MOST150) or electrical conductor (MOST50, MOST150) physical layers. MOST technology is used in almost every car brand worldwide, including Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo. SMSC and MOST are registered trademarks of Standard Microsystems Corporation (“SMSC”), now owned by Microchip Technology.
The Gateway 500S connects to the MOST™ ring as a CD-Changer therefore if you do have a CD-Changer already installed in your MOST™ equipped automobile and would like to use it after the installation of the Gateway 500S please choose the "Dual FOT" version of the device. If you do not have a CD-Changer or you do not want to use it any more the "Single FOT" version is just the right choice.
Dension GW53MO2 Installation
We strongly recommend having your device installed by a qualified car electronics technician. Dension does not warrant any installation work or assume liability for any damage caused due to negligence, improper installation or operation. Please find an installer in your region by clicking here.
The Dension Gateway 500S connects to the optical system of the car. While this does not alter the electrical system of the vehicle, the connection is not different to connecting other aftermarket accessories like phone kits, or other entertainment electronics.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require the modification of any electrical component of a vehicle.
- The installation of a Dension product does not require cutting cables, soldering, or any irreversible action to the wiring of the vehicle. (Except 12 Volts connection in some specific installation cases.)
- Dension products can typically be removed without any trace (e.g. in case the vehicle is sold), except from the mechanical installation of the cradle option (if used and installed certain ways).
- Dension also serves several car manufacturers as an OEM partner with products offering very similar features based on similar technology as the consumer products of Dension.
Dension Gateway 500S iPod iPhone USB Aux Adapter
BMW Compatibility Chart
|Car Model||Year||Radio Description||Notes|
|1-Series||2004||NON i-Drive, Professional||1|
|1-Series||2004||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|1-Series||2004||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|1-Series||2005||NON i-Drive, Professional||1|
|1-Series||2005||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|1-Series||2005||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|1-Series||2007||NON i-Drive, Professional|
|1-Series||2007||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)|
|1-Series||2007||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|1-Series||2009||iDrive 4, Proffesional (CIC, 8.8", dual slot )|
|3-Series||2005||NON i-Drive, Professional|
|3-Series||2005||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|3-Series||2005||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|3-Series||2006||NON i-Drive, Professional||1|
|3-Series||2006||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|3-Series||2006||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|3-Series||2007||NON i-Drive, Professional||1|
|3-Series||2007||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|3-Series||2007||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|3-Series||2009||iDrive 4, Proffesional (CIC, 8.8", dual slot )|
|3-Series||1995 - 1998||All|
|5-Series||2003||i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||2|
|5-Series||2003||i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|5-Series||2004||All , i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||2|
|5-Series||2004||All, i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|6-Series||2003||All i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||2|
|6-Series||2003||All i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
|X5||2007||All, i-Drive, Business (M-ASK, 6.5", single slot)||1|
|X5||2007||All i-Drive, Professional (CCC, 8.8", dual slot)||1|
NOTE 1. MP3 Capable Head Unit (CDC)
NOTE 2. NON text capable ! Please contact our Support Team.
NOTE: Not compatible for NBT systems (also known as CIC High)
Compatible 2006+, if vehicle is pre 2006 autologic will be required
Smartphone Compatibility (music playback only) - Android devices can be connected via USB if ’Mass Storage Mode’ is available
Supported iPod/iPhone devices via 30PIN dock cable (IPDC1GW not included in the package)
Supported USB Devices
- USB: Flash Memory and Hard Disk Drive (USB ver. 1.1 and higher)
- File System: FAT16 or FAT32
- Storage capacity: up to 320GB music content
Supports the Following Audio Formats
- MPEG1 Layer 3 : 32; 44,1; 48 kHz (32 - 320kbps);
- MPEG2 Layer 3 : 16; 22,05; 24 kHz (8 - 160kbps);
- MPEG2.5 Layer 3 : 8; 11.025; 12 kHz (8 -160 kbps) from 96 kb/s to 320 kb/s;
- MP3 Variable Bit Rate (VBR) (up to 320kb/s).
- WMA 4 - 44.1 kHz at sample rates up to 320 kb/s. Except for DRM protected files.
- WAV (16 bit, uncompressed PCM)