Dension Gateway 500S iPod USB and Bluetooth Car Kit
Gateway 500S is Dension's premium interface and is designed to work with cars which utilize the fiber optic MOST system. As with other Dension Gateways, it works by emulating the CD changer (in most cases) in the vehicle and enables you to use the original radio controls.
note: images are for illustration only - may not resemble your actual car radio
The Gateway 500S Features
- All in ONE device : full iPod/iPhone control, USB playback, Bluetooth handsfree
- Song information and browsing on vehicle screen (ID3-Tag)
- A2DP audio streaming
- 3.5 mm Aux-in
- Control via original car audio system controls (including steering wheel controls – if available)
- Retain the original dashboard aesthetic
- Both single and dual FOT versions are available
In addition to iPod and USB music playback the Gateway 500S includes Bluetooth. Not only does this enable hands free telephone operations but also allows A2DP music streaming to the original car audio system.
- Make and receive hands free calls in the car
- Browse phone book on the car's original screen(s)
- Phone audio through car speakers
- Stream music from your phone to the car audio system
- Use original controls
- Optical harness
- Power cable
- Installation and user guide
How Gateway 500S Works
Gateway 500S is Dension’s premium interface and is designed to work with cars which utilise the fibre optic MOST system. As with other Gateways, it works by emulating the CD changer (in most cases) in the vehicle and makes use of the original radio controls. If the car has a CD changer fitted, then Gateway 500 will integrate automatically, however if not, the CDC function may have to be enabled / programmed. The car configuration is set using dip switches.