Freestyle solution for custom installs
As our Alpine Style infotainment systems get more popular and the demand for more vehicle solutions increases, we also want to offer a Freestyle solution that can be custom installed in any vehicle. This is especially interesting for vehicles that are incompatible with 1DIN or 2DIN solutions, and for which there are nocar specificsolutions available. The new Freestyle systems are available in 7” and 9” monitor configurations and feature iGo primo NextGen navigation, as well as built-in DAB+ and other important media options.
All parts included
Both Freestyle products include a high-resolution touch-screen, fully customizable key panels, a media receiver, GPS / Glonass antenna, wiring kit, USB cable and a Golf 6 frame. This gives the installer all parts needed for a good custom installation.
The 2 key panels can be installed horizontally or vertically, depending on the installation position. The key positions can also be assigned individually due to the interchangeable buttons. This has the advantage that key layout can be adjusted to personal preferences, as well as for left-hand or right-hand steering wheel configuration. We recommend for example, that the volume buttons are always installed on the same side than the steering wheel to be easily reachable.
Thekey capscan be easily removed to change their position. The can also be rotated to allow vertical or horizontal installation.
You can easily adjust the illuminationcolourof the control buttons to 6 differentcolours(white, red, yellow, amber, blue and green) to match the Freestyle system to your dashboard illumination. You can also adjust the brightness intensity in 2 levels. You can also adjust the display background accordingly.
1 DINnavigation / mediareceiver
The media receiver unit is very compact and has exact 1DIN measurements. This makes it quite easy to find a suitable spacebehindthe dashboard or thecentreconsole to install the unit.
Works with Apple CarPlay
The innovative X702D-F with Apple CarPlay compatibility brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use maps, listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch. You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience. Simply connect your CarPlay enabled iPhone to the USB port of your Alpine and you are ready to go.
Works with Android Auto
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering wheel controls, and powerful new voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. Android Auto automatically brings you usefulinformation,and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they're needed. Both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto can access the navigation antenna of the X702D-F for improved accuracy when using thenaviapps.
We redesigned the user interface to allow fast switching of applications with a single swipe of a finger. If you for example view and iPod playlist on your screen, all you have to do is swipe your finger from right to left to view the navigation map and iPod screen in a convenientsplit screenarrangement. Another swipe will show you the navigation map in full screen. This operation methodology works in all four directions to quickly and easily reach the most often used functions. You will especially like this functionality while driving since it eliminates to look for specific buttons.
Big Screen Entertainment
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod touch or iPhone via HDMI to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 9-inch display. Alpine even offers an all-new DVB-T2 tuner (TUE-T220DV) if you like to watch TV programs while you are waiting in traffic jams. For driving safety, the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
DAB/DAB+ Digital Radio
The built-in DAB/DAB+ tuner uses the most advanced digital technology to deliver radio reception with outstanding, noise-free sound quality. DAB also offers many other advantages over traditional FM radio: choose from a much wider range of radio stations and after the initial station scan easily select your desired channels from an alphabetic or genre list of available stations. Please note that a DAB antenna needs to be purchased separately.
Connect Your Smartphone
If you do not want to use Apple CarPlay or you own an iPhone 4 / 4S for example, you can still connect it and use the Alpine audio player to enjoy all your music in your car and charge your phone.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes operation extremely easy. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly enjoyed on the Alpine system.
Hi-Res Audio Playback
This Alpine unit can playback audio files in FLAC format – including 24/96 and 24/192 Hi-Res Audio compatibility.
Extensive sound tuning options
The X702D-F puts the power of advanced sound processing in your car with BASS ENGINE SQ tomaximisebass sound and overall tone balance, plus lots of custom tuning functions like Digital Time Correction and Dual HD EQ. Best of all, you can control them easily from your smartphone with the Alpine TuneIt App. 24-Bit DAC and 2 VoltPreOuts, too!
Parking assistance technology
The optional rear-view camera system provides parking safety with cutting-edge camera technology. The rear-view camera automatically activates when reversing and also mutes the audio so you can hear the parking sensor signals. You not only have a clear view to the rear, you can also see useful distance guides for easier parking. You can even activate a trailer hitch ball guide to make hooking up your trailer much easier.
Built-in iGo Primo NextGen Navigation
The iGo Primo NextGen navigation is currently one of the best navigation software on the market. Combined with Alpine’s powerful hardware and processing power, you get a highly accurate and super fast navigation system for your car. For example, calculating a route from Munich to Paris takes just a few seconds. The system is packed with tons of useful and unique navigation features, from partial address input with automatic detection, TMC route guidance, 3D landmark icons and much more. It also includes hundreds-of-thousands of POIs, to make it easy to find restaurants and any kind of public places near you.
Important Navigation Features
- Extensive map database of 48 European countries
- Map updates can be purchased at any time online through naviextras.com
- Updates can be purchased by country and by region.
- This saves cost by updating only what is necessary.
- Address search with postcode input (including 7-digit UK postcodes)
- Smart routes: the system database stores historic traffic patterns and uses them to choose the best route depending on the time of day and day of the week
- High-resolution maps
TomTom Maps with 3 Years Free-of-charge updates
A navigation system is only as good as its map database: the X702D-F includes TomTom maps for an awesome map coverage of 48 European countries. Within 3 years after the first navigation fix, you can go to alpine.naviextras.com to download map updates free of charge for your Alpine unit – you can even do so without any limitation on how often you update. After 3 years have passed, you can download regional map packages or the full European map update based on your needs for a very reasonable cost.
GPS and Glonass Compatible
More satellites equal higher navigation accuracy and a faster positioning fix. This Alpine product is compatible with GPS satellite signals and can also receive positioning data from Glonass satellites. This brings big advantages especially in an urban environment with many tall buildings and when driving next to high mountains. When using navigation with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto you can also benefit from this newly improved compatibility.
One Look Display
Alpine’s innovative "One Look" split-screen technology allows you to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance. This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display, and you can simply drag the Navi map to be shown in the left or in the right window.
Points of Interest
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria. This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific petrol station brand nearby. Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type – with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
Online Navigation with Apple CarPlay
When you’re driving, Maps helps you find the way to your destination with turn-by-turnspokendirections and new, easier-to-read visuals. When a turn is coming up, the view zooms in to show you exactly where to go. Along the way, large signs and arrows guide you in the right direction and let you know how long it’s going to take to get there. Looking for a gas station, restaurant, or coffee shop along your route? New buttons on the navigation screen help you quickly find the closest places and estimate how much time the detour will add to your trip. If you push the navigation hard-key on your Alpine unit twice, you active Apple CarPlay navigation without going through many menu points.
Online Navigation with Android Auto
Let Google Maps lead the way. It’s easy to get where you’re going with free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Whether on your phone screen or on your car display, Android Auto was designed with safety in mind. With larger touch targets, a simplified interface, and easy-to-use voice actions, it's designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road. The X702D-F works seamlessly with Android Auto and Google maps. Android Auto can even access the Alpine navigation antenna for highest positioning accuracy.
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 9-inch Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favorites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2 V , Front / Rear / Subwoofer)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input (3.5mm micro jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- Vehicle Display Interface Ready (UART connection)
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rearview Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine Special HDMI connector required)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
Map & Database
- Online Map Update via alpine.naviextras.com
- Featuring TomTom Maps
- 3 Years free of charge map update (multiple updates possible)
- Freestyle Kit Solution included, contains 7-inch screen, face plate, keys, key harness, display cables, Microphone, remote cable harness
- Interfaces available
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: PI, PS, AF, TA, TP, PTY, NEWS, RADIO TEXT
- DAB+ Tuner Built-in
- DAB+/DMB Supported
- DAB+ Slideshow Service
- DLS (Dynamic Label Service)
- DAB Service Following
- RDS Fallback (where available)
- Service Preset: 18 Preset Memory
- Auto Ensemble/Service Memory
- Service Search Function
- PTY Search Function
- Alphabet Search Function
- Antenna Power Supply Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Speed Dial: 4 Preset Memory (per phone)
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Auto Answer
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: compatible with all models except 1st and 2nd generation iPhone
- Connection: KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music Playback
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Works with Apple CarPlay (requires CarPlay enabled iPhone)
- Works with Android Auto (Requires Android Auto enabled smartphone)
- Map Coverage: 48 Countries (Western and Eastern Europe)
- Menu Language: 29 Languages
- Voice Guidance Language: 29 Languages for Voice Guidance, 15 Languages for Text-to-Speech (TTS)
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC compatible
- Video Playback: MP4 compatible
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 2 V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready