Simple and Flexible, for Ultimate Listening Freedom
The WXC-50 is a new-concept audio component that goes beyond conventional audio thinking. It let you access a wide variety of audio content such as music from streaming services or stored on a smartphone, and enjoy high quality sound and style thanks to the ability to network with Yamaha’s exclusive MusicCast multi-room audio system. High functionality and performance bring you musical enjoyment just the way you want it.
- Use with non-MusicCast amp or receiver to enjoy streaming music or a true MusicCast system
- Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services
- MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components
- One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source
- Retro modern and superior quality
- 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control
- Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction
- Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Easy installation - Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet).
- Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W
- Seamless linkage to Yamaha amp with MAIN IN and Trigger In terminals for control of system power and volume.
- Player mode — turn off Pre Amp mode and use the device as a simple network audio player.
Use Your Favourite Audio Equipment with MusicCast
Even if your present Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver is not compatible with a network or MusicCast, simply by adding the WXC-50, you can easily enjoy network audio or MusicCast (multi-room audio).
MusicCast is a new revolution in network audio, use all your MusicCast products together or separately, it’s completely up to you. Control it, all from one app, designed to be intuitive, quick and simple to use. Use a soundbar, a wireless speaker, an AV receiver, Hi-Fi audio whichever suits you best, mix and match then expand your MusicCast system as time goes on. All new from Yamaha, the MusicCast system brings everything to everywhere for everyone.
MusicCast Expands Entertainment Possibilities
MusicCast employs a high performance wireless network to deliver music and audio enjoyment. It can stream digital music content from your smartphone, PC or NAS to other MusicCast devices in your home. It can also share the music from external devices such as a TV or Blu-ray Disc™ player connected to the WXC-50. Audio content from Bluetooth®-connected smartphones or tablets can also be streamed to MusicCast devices in multiple rooms.
Stream the Same or Different Music to Each Room
Play the same song in multiple rooms, or play different songs in each room. With MusicCast, freely enjoy the music you love anywhere in your home.
Enjoy All Music Sources and Components
The WXC-50 is compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services. Provided with various types of terminals for connecting a TV, CD player, computer and other AV equipment, you’ll be able to enjoy music from around the world throughout your home from just one component.
Stream via Bluetooth® or AirPlay®
You can hear all the music sources from your smartphone via wireless Bluetooth or AirPlay connection. You can play music from music apps, radio apps, or YouTube™-type video hosting services.
Easy Setup with Your Smartphone or Tablet
Use your smartphone or tablet together with the MusicCast CONTROLLER App to operate the speaker and change settings quickly and easily. The same Controller app functions as a remote control for all your MusicCast-compatible devices too.
One Push Play
Pressing any button on the front panel turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source. Quick and easy access to your favourite music.
Six Preset Buttons on the Remote Control
Set the six numbered buttons on the remote control for your favourite network / USB sources, such as internet radio stations, NAS or USB stick albums or songs, then just press a button to instantly hear that station or song.
Retro Modern and Superior Quality
The simple design creates a stylish musical space and integrates beautifully with your audio system. With a high quality metal body and cool two-tone colouring, Yamaha’s fastidiousness extends to the exterior, for a completely enjoyable listening experience.
Put it Anywhere, Any Style
Only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide, the compact body fits neatly in any space without drawing attention to itself. You can chose any convenient location, placing it horizontally or vertically, on its own or with other audio components.
Seamless Linkage to Yamaha Hi-Fi
Connect the WXC-50 to a Yamaha amplifier equipped with MAIN IN and Trigger In terminals and you can use it to control system power and volume. Using the WXC-50’s remote control or app makes system operation more convenient.
Luxurious Sound, All the Time
Thanks to Yamaha’s superior sound processing technologies, you’ll enjoy great sound from all your music sources — no matter what their quality, or your listening environment, or the kind of speakers you’re using. When listening to audio from smartphones or other compressed sources, the Compressed Music Enhancer greatly improves the sound at all frequency levels. Volume-adaptive EQ automatically adjusts the bass / treble balance according to the volume level. Advanced Bass Extension provides a deeper, richer low-end sound — it’s great for compact or in-wall speakers. And a Direct Mode allows you to play back high-resolution audio sources just as they are without any processing.
High Level Technologies for High Quality Sound
The WXC-50 reaps the benefits of Yamaha’s advanced audio technologies and circuit designs. The preamp circuitry, for example, minimises digital jitter and uses the same high performance ESS DAC that is found in high-end AV receivers. Yamaha’s proprietary power supply ground configuration, called DAC on Pure Ground, ensures that the power supply will never negatively affect sound quality. The 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality that conventional digital or analogue controls. In addition, a highly rigid, metal chassis supplies the stability necessary for powerful, clear music reproduction.
Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV /AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for High Resolution Reproduction
The WXC-50 supports a wide range of high resolution formats, including DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC and WAV, AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, and ALAC (Apple Lossless) 96 kHz / 24-bit for iTunes. Whether from a music download site or from music streaming services, you can enjoy the full benefits of high resolution sound sources, for a feeling like you’re right inside a concert hall.
If you want to adjust the volume from the Hi-Fi amp or AV receiver, the WXC-50 allows you to turn off PRE AMP mode and use the device as a simple network audio player. Switching to Player mode bypasses the volume and any processing for direct playback of high-resolution audio.
Low Power Consumption
The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode, When the power is on, power consumption is still a low 5W, and even when used for long periods, power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition, the Auto Power Down lets you save energy by having the power automatically turned off after 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.
The WXC-50 offers various custom installation functions, so by using several units it’s easy to create an extensive home audio
Suitable Size for 1U Rack
With a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet), this component will fit easily into a 1U (19-inch) rack.
- Flexible Trigger In / Out setup
- Wired LAN connectivity
- Wireless Off function
- Web setup compatibility
- Compatible with non-MusicCast amp or receiver to enjoy wireless audio streaming
- Create a full MusicCast - multi-room audio - system
- Compatible with all types of music sources and services
- MusicCast app provides easy operation and lets you control other compatible components
- One push play - simply press any button to initiate playback of the previously selected source
- Retro modern and superior quality
- 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal resolution, achieving high-quality control
- Supports DSD 5.6MHz and FLAC/WAV/AIFF 192kHz/24-bit for high resolution reproduction
- Easy installation - suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214mm and height of 42mm
- Seamless linkage to Yamaha amp with Main In and Trigger In terminals for control of system power and volume
- Flexible placement either horizontally or vertically
- Player mode - turn off Pre Amp mode and use the device as a simple network audio player
- File Format: MP3, WMA, MPEG4, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, DSD
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes (SBC/AAC)
- Pure Direct: Yes
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.003% (Pre Out)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 112dB (Opt/Net/USB/Bluetooth In) / 98dB (Aux In)
- Audio Input/Output: 1/1
- Digital Input/Output: 1 Optical/1 Optical, Coaxial
- USB Input: 1
- Ethernet: 1
- Pre Output: 1
- Subwoofer Output: 1
- Remote Input/Output: 1/0
- Control (Trigger) Input/Output: 1/1
- Standby Power Consumption: 1.8W
- Dimensions: 215mm x 51.5mm x 245.9mm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 1.44kg / 3.17lbs
|Country of Manufacture|