At the heart of this Yamaha CD player is a top quality Burr Brown 192kHz/24bit DAC. These are renowned for their ultimate clarity and precision and help give the Yamaha CD-S300 one of the most incisive sound qualities in its class. Matched to this class-leading DAC is a similarly high quality CD transport with a floating mechanism. This reduces vibrations for even greater accuracy. Being centrally mounted also provides better disc stability and, therefore, less chance of reading error. For the highest sound quality possible, a Pure Direct function bypasses the display and digital output to both shorten the signal path and reduce electrical interference: this gives yet another boost to the sound quality. Symmetrical layouts and high quality components complete this impressive sounding CD player.
One of the most exciting features is the front-mounted USB socket. Plug in your iPod, iPhone or other MP3 device and you'll benefit from using the high quality DAC built into the Yamaha - it also saves on the need for an iPod dock. Both optical and coaxial digital outputs are provided with all phono sockets benefiting from gold-plating. The CDS300 will happily playback CDR/CDRW discs and even MP3 and WMA formats. Finished in Yamaha's distinctive brushed aluminium, the CD-S300 doesn't just perform well, it looks good, too.
- Plays CD, CD-R/RW (MP3, WMA), USB, iPod
- USB socket (for playback of MP3/WMA music files from compatible USB memory stick or portable MP3 players)
- Repeat, random and programmable playback
- 2 x RCA Stereo out
- Optical digital out (via toslink)
- Coaxial digital out
- Remote control handset with batteries
- W x H x D (mm): 435 x 86 x 260
- Weight (kg): 3.5
- Pure direct mode - disables processing for the purest transfer from disc to terminals
- Available in Black or Silver
|Country of Manufacture|