Power. Double the power.
You don't have to be a Star Fleet engineer to crave more power, and Sony's MEX-XB100BT CD receiver delivers enough punch to kick your car's audio system to Warp 9 and beyond. Tucked behind the face of this receiver, you'll find a groundbreaking Class-D amplifier that delivers 40 watts RMS per channel — 100 watts of peak power — equivalent to what you'll find in many external car amplifiers. And check out this cool feature — Subwoofer Direct Connection lets you combine the output of the receiver's two rear channels to drive a small subwoofer. That's great way to add some extra bass kick to your ride, perfect for small compacts or truck cabs, where space for an amp may be limited. No doubt, this Sony has the soundpower to take your car audio to infinity and beyond.
Since even raw power deserves a gentle touch, Sony complements this beefy output with a sophisticated suite of sound shapers, including frequency filters, bass enhancers, time alignment, and a 10-band equalizer.
Customize the colors to match your taste.
Bluetooth® that goes beyond run-of-the-mill
Bluetooth adds the convenience of hands-free calling and audio streaming. Sony makes it easy to set up with Near Field Communication (NFC) technology. Just touch selected devices with NFC to the N-mark on the knob and you'll be ready to go. With compatible iPhones you'll enjoy Siri® Eyes Free. Just press the volume key to activate voice commands for making calls, setting up reminders, and other features. And don't miss a text while driving — Siri Eyes Free can read out text messages while you drive, and even let you compose responses while your hands are on the wheel.
Sony's SongPal app lets you connect through Bluetooth to use voice control for finding your favorite music tracks, and to provide touchscreen control from your smartphone to find sources, access apps, and even customize your sound settings.
Plug and play with USB
When you plug in your Android or iOS device you'll be able to rock with your favorite music tracks in a jiffy. The latest generation of smartphones can suck a lot of power, so the USB port kicks out 1.5 amps to keep your screens glowing bright.
- CD receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Built-in Class-D amplifier (40 watts RMS CEA-2006/100 peak x 4 channels)
- Plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs, including discs loaded with MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC and FLAC files
- Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming
- NFC offers instant Bluetooth pairing with compatible phones
- Siri Eyes Free with compatible iPhones
- Detachable face with dual-zone variable color illumination
- Sound Synchronization displays color changes timed to your music
- Remote control
- built-in iPod, iPhone, and iPad control
- compatible with SongPal app for iPhone and Android
- Pandora Internet radio control with iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones
- Quick-BrowZer and Jump Mode search features
- EQ10 10-band equalizer
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine improves digital file sound quality
- Time alignment
- High- and low-pass filters
- Subwoofer Direct Connection combines the two rear channels to power a sub
- Inputs: front panel auxiliary and USB inputs
- Outputs: 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
|Country of Manufacture|