This is the latest available 2019-2020 road map database for Skoda Columbus Navigation systems. This update can be installed in the comfort of your own home in approximately 1-2 hours, no dealer interventions required and easy to follow installation instructions can be found below.
This also includes a firmware update.
You can check your current software and database version by accessing the hidden menu. You can do this by holding down the “Setup” button for 10 seconds and then selecting “Version info” onscreen. If you cannot access the hidden menu this means your current software version is older than 4XXX. This will update your navigation database and system firmware to the following versions:
- SW-Version: 5238
- Map version HDD: 8536
Skoda Columbus HDD navigation systems can be identified as they will always have 4 buttons on the left and right side of the screen along with an SD card reader usually at the bottom of the unit in the middle.
If you are unsure which navigation system your car is fitted with, please contact us.
Skoda Columbus HDD systems are usually fitted in the following models:
- Skoda Fabia (2007 - 2015)
- Skoda Octavia (2004 - 2008)
- Skoda Rapid (2012 - 2015)
- Skoda Roomster (2006 - 2015)
- Skoda Superb (2008 - 2015)
- Skoda Yeti
- Skoda Trinax
DVD1 (Western Europe)
United Kingdom, Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Gibraltar, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City
DVD2 (Eastern Europe)
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Italy, Croatia, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Austria, Poland , Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City, Belarus
In order to be able to react to traffic information TMC or TMCpro provide services in the following countries: Belgium, Denmark, Germany, France, Great Britain, Italy, Netherlands, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain and Czech Republic.
Languages supported: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Spanish.
Firmware upgrade change-log:
- Voice Control (requires microphone)
- DAB+ Support (from 5xxx)
- DAB Support (from 4xxx)
- Radio Text (from 4xxx)
- Faster navigation and user interface
- Automatic illumination control
- Enhanced destination input
- Hidden Menu enabled
- New POI
- New Languages – Arabic, Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Speed Limit Display
- Stability Improvements
- Faster Startup (from 2720 onwards)
- Display OPS and RVC at the same time
- SDHC 32 GB Support (HW04 and above)
- Display Off on extras tab
- Climatronic control if appropriate climatronic fitted
- Clock display if RNS Columbus switched off
- Excluded roads (under route options)
- GPS coordinates entry
- Additional adjustments for video
- Larger RVC screen with transparent menus at the side
- Video in Motion is enabled
- 7 Digit Postcode Input is Enabled
[HOW TO] RNS-510 Navigation & Firmware Update
This is a tutorial on how to update the firmware version and Map version on RNS-510 systems.
- Make sure you have a strong battery, if the car battery is weak connect a car battery charger to the car.
- Switch off the headlights, seat heating and climate control system.
- Remove all SD Cards/CD’s/DVD’s from the system before beginning.
- Do not remove the CD or DVD from the system during the update.
- Software can ONLY be updated on units that are currently running below SW-Version 5238.
- Read the complete guide before you start.
You can check your current software version by holding down the “Setup” button for 10 seconds and then selecting “Version info” onscreen. If you cannot view the version information this means you are running SW-Version older than 5238 and you may proceed with the SW-Version update.
Updating the SW-Version -
- Open the car and turn on the navigation system by pressing down on the power knob once. Do not put the keys into the ignition.
- Insert the software update disc into the navigation system.
- It will cycle through a few checks, the screen will go black and then you will be presented with a “software loading version” screen that tells you about the software update and asks you to press OK or Cancel.
- Press OK. You will then be presented with a “software loading disclaimer” screen saying the firmware will be updated are you sure.
- Press OK again. This process can take around 2-3mins.
- The system will now update. This process takes around 50 minutes and the status will be displayed on the screen as it updates each section.
Updating the Map version HDD -
- Please remove the firmware update DVD from the car.
- Insert the key into the ignition and turn the ignition on.
- If you do not have a battery charger connected please start the car to avoid battery drain.
- Wait a few minutes for the navigation system to initialise and Insert the navigation update DVD.
- After a few minutes, you will be presented with a screen that states “New navigation DVD”.
- Press Continue.
- You will now be presented with a screen that asks if you want to save the database.
- Press Save.
- The navigation will now begin updating in the background. To check on the progress, press the eject button.
- You may use the car as normal during this update, it will simply continue where it left off when the car is switched off/on.
Please note that it may be necessary to take the car for a short drive post install to calibrate the navigation system
|Manufacturer||Sat Nav Upgrade|