Rockford Fosgate R2SD2-12 Prime R2 Series 12" shallow mount subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
Rockford Fosgate's Prime R2 shallow-mount subs deliver satisfying bass even in smaller cars where space is tight. A special elevated motor structure lets these low-profile subs work in extremely compact enclosures, while still handling plenty of power.
The R2SD2-12 sub-features a 12" mica-injected polypropylene cone that works with a high-density poly-foam surround to punch out fat, deep notes. This shallow-mount workhorse will handle up to 250 watts RMS, with a mounting depth of only 3-5/8". Rockford Fosgate stitches the tinsel leads that carry the signal to the voice coils directly into the cone, so they'll hang tough through heavy use. The stamped solid-steel frame offers the same venting found in standard-mount Rockford Fosgate subs to keep this sub running cool.
Dual 2-ohm voice coils allow you to wire this sub for 2- or 8-ohm impedance, giving you more flexibility in setting up your system. Rockford Fosgate optimizes this Prime sub for both sealed and ported enclosures so you can choose the type of bass you want in your ride.
- 12" Dual 2 ohm Shallow Mount Prime Stage 2 Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Recommended power range: 100 - 250 watts RMS
- CEA-2031 Compliant
- Klippel Verified
- Shallow Motor Assembly
- 12 AWG compression terminals
- Optimized for sealed enclosures
- Mica injected polypropylene cone
- StampCast basket with integrated spider venting
- Linear spider with embedded 16 AWG tinsel leads
- Unique low profile "inset" design, high excursion woofer
- High density compressed half-roll sealed poly-foam surround
- Proprietary attached tear & fatigue resistant poly-cotton spider
- Suited for sealed enclosure applications, capable for use in vented boxes as well
- Optimized motor magnetics with extended pole and bumped vented backplate
- Fatigue resistant and reduced strain "stitched on" flexible lead wire design
- Multi-point high-temp/high-strength neck joint bonding technique
- High temp copper voice coil with aluminum former
- All metal compression input terminal assembly
- Semi-flexible PVC integrated trim ring
- Heavy gauge stamped steel frame
- Mounting Depth: 3.602"
- Cutout Diameter: 11.25"
- Magnet Weight: 51.0 oz
- Frequency Response: 43 - 250 Hz
- Xmax: 10 mm
- Sensitivity: 85 dB @ 1 watt / 1 meter
- Recommended Ported Enclosure: 1.79ft³ @40.0Hz
- Recommended Sealed Enclosure: 0.90ft³ @44.1Hz
What's in the box:
- One shallow-mount 12" Dual 2-ohm voice coil woofer
- Eight 1-1/8" Self-tapping screws
- 4mm Allen bit
- Installation and Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German)