A thrilling new dimension in sound from a high-quality AV receiver occupying minimal space: that's the promise of the NR1607. Featuring high current discrete power transistors on all 7 channels, the NR1607 delivers astonishing power and clarity from a cabinet just a little more than 10cm high. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, with dual antennas for robust connection, let you stream your music via AirPlay or Spotify Connect, from 10,000 of Internet Radio stations or from local network storage drives – all the way through to high resolution audio, and with the famous Marantz sound quality.
It comes with Dolby Atmos immersive surround decoding to deliver breathtaking surround sound from today's advanced movie soundtracks. Slim enough to slip into any TV cabinet, it delivers the same revolutionary Dolby Atmos 3D surround sound found in the very best cinemas, creating an overhead surround soundfield to give a dramatic expansion of the sonic space. A future firmware update will also allow the NR1607 to decode DTS:X soundtracks, for ultimate compatibility with this new world of 3D sound.
And the NR1607 is ready for Ultra High Definition vision, too: its advanced video section is fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs, allowing it to pass all the latest video formats to an Ultra HD TV or projector. With 4K 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through, it’s ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes, games consoles and streamed/download 4K Ultra HD content.
And it's easy to setup and control, too: the unique Marantz Setup Assistant guarantees a hassle-free setup, while the free "Marantz 2016 AVR Remote" app is available from the Apple app store, Google Play, and the Amazon appstore, to let you control the receiver most comfortably from your smartphone or tablet.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
With 8 HDMI inputs, including one conveniently located on the front pane for quick connection of video sources, the NR1607 has an advanced video section supporting the latest HDMI 2.0a specification, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input.
It also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content, making it ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and 4K Ultra HD streams and downloads. The video processor can also upscale SD and HD video to 4K Ultra HD.
Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the NR1607 features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician), along with ISF Day/Night video modes.
Built-in Bluetooth & Wi-Fi
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi (2.4/5GHz) wireless streaming connectivity, the NR1607 uses with an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system for robust, error-free streaming even in congested urban environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the Ethernet port) and enjoy your favourite music from streaming services such as Spotify Connect (depending on availability in your country), or choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world.
irPlay provides an instant wireless connection to your iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad, Mac OSX computers and other devices running iTunes, and the NR1607 is also able to stream your music from home computers and NAS devices via your home network
The free Marantz 2016 AVR Remote App, available for Android and iOS and the Kindle Fire, lets you control the NR1607 with your smartphone or tablet.
High Resolution Audio support
Discover the incredible fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks: the NR1607 can decode AIFF, FLAC and WAV
lossless files at up to 24-bit/192-kHz, plus ALAC/Apple Lossless at up to 96kHz/24bit, as well as SACD-quality DSD2.8MHz and 'Double DSD' 5.6MHz. You can play these files via the front panel USB port or stream them to the NR1607 from network sources. You can also listen to other popular file types such as MP3, and the NR1607 supports gapless playback, for seamless replay of everything from dance mixes to opera.
Powerful 7 Channel Discrete Amplifier, and Eco Mode
The NR1607's power amp section features discrete high-current output devices for superb sound with both music and movies, with, identical power on all 7 channels for precision sound. Rated at 90 watts per channel,
the NR1607 features low-impedance drive capability, for excellent speaker control, and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers too. Meanwhile the Eco mode provides energy savings: it features an on-screen Eco meter, while it’s also possible to use the receiver in power-saving mode, either reducing the maximum output power or adopting low-power strategies at more modest settings – and all without any effect on the superb sound quality.
Dolby Atmos / DTS:X
Dolby Atmos: Dolby's revolutionary Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with the channel-based coding used for decades, in favour of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the three-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the NR1607, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system plus two additional overhead or Dolby Atmos-certified upward-firing speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding, the NR1607 also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies, and of course also supports conventional 5.1- or 7.1-channel speaker set-ups.
DTS:X also features object-based audio coding, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the NR1607 features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies. DTS:X will be enabled via future firmware update. For more info, contact your dealer or check the Marantz website.
In addition, the NR1607 offers both Dolby Surround and Neural:X upmixing, enabling users with a full ‘3D’ sound speaker set-up to get an enhanced experience from conventional Dolby- or DTS-encoded content, or even from music in stereo.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
Designed from the ground up, the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote is a brand new app for iOS, Android Phone and Tablet devices that will give you an unprecedented level of command and control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled.
Control the basic functions of your Marantz product with power, volume, input and settings. With a new landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
Our new playback system allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to “Play Now”, “Play Next”, “Play Next and Replace Queue” or “Add to End of Queue”. You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall. With the new Marantz 2016 AVR Remote, your mobile and tablet device just became an integral part of your home entertainment experience. "Because Music Matters"
* (supported models: AV7702mkII, SR7010, SR6010, SR5010, NR1607, NR1506; for other models please download our previous “Marantz Remote App”)
Smart TV Connectivity
Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality on some Smart TVs,
it's possible to control the NR1607 with the TV's remote handset. With the receiver's "HDMI control" set to ON, set "Smart Menu" receiver control functions and the TV’s Smart Menu home screen will provide you direct access to source and surround mode selections, the main setup menu, and Smart Select configuration presets.
Audyssey MultEQ for simple set-up
Via the supplied measuring microphone and mic stand, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theatre during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, together providing the smoothest, most natural tonal balance – regardless of the brand(s) or model(s) of speaker.
Audyssey Dynamic EQ features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver full range clear-dialogue and wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels, delivering cinema-level clarity whatever listening level you choose, while Audyssey Dynamic Volume avoids nasty shocks when what you're watching switches from content to commercials or announcements, creating an easier listening experience.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
A single subwoofer demands optimum placement within the room for the best bass response: depending on its location,
the low-frequency response at the main listening position can be uneven with audible peaks and dips. The NR1607 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these will even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the listening area.
Whatever your family's entertainment needs, the NR1607 delivers: you can enjoy 5.1-channel surround sound in the main room,
and at the same time play stereo sound from another source in different part of the house. Simply connect a pair of stereo speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs, or hook up a separate stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs, and you can still enjoy full 7-channel surround sound in the main room.
Front-panel USB Port
The NR1607's convenient front panel USB port allows you to play music directly from your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, while also charging
the device. Or you can connect a USB drive and listen to files all the way from MP3 right up to the latest high resolution formats, including FLAC lossless up to 24-bit/192-kHz and DSD2.8/5.6.
Color Coded Speaker Terminals
For easy installation, the NR1607 features a horizontal row of premium loudspeaker terminals: the color coded connection system
includes a set of matching cable-labels to ensure correct speaker hook-up.
Easy Set-up, Easy Use
The NR1607's clear, easy to understand graphical on-screen display, guides you through the set-up process to ensure configuration.
Its exclusive Setup Assistant and Quick Start guide combine to provide easy setup guidance, optimizing critical settings for the best possible sound quality, whatever your configuration.
Simple Smart Select Functions
There are 4 Smart Select function buttons on the front panel and the remote control: each one will store your preferred set-up – input,
volume and Audyssey configuration – for a particular source. So with the push of just one button you can immediately have the NR1607 perfectly configured for anything from Blu-ray or your TV set-top box to your favourite Internet radio station.
External Control Capabilities
The NR1607 has a range of features to provide enhanced control and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions. For remote control compatibility with other components, there's an IR (infrared) remote control input and remote control output on the rear panel,
along with dual 12V trigger outputs. The NR1607 can be set up and operated by a home computer via network IP control (via wired LAN or Wi-Fi), and also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) for quick and easy integration with home automation equipment.
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X Yes / Yes (update)
- DTS Neo:X / DTS Neural:X No / Yes (update)
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos Yes / Yes
- Dolby ProLogic IIz / Dolby Surround No / Yes
- Auro 3D No Audyssey DSX No Multichannel Stereo Yes
- max. number of processing (preamp) channels 7.1
- Discrete Power Amplifier 7
- Chassis: Copper plated / Metal No / Yes
- Power Transformer: Toroidal / EI EI
- Current Feedback Topology No Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM) No Pure Direct Yes
- High Grade Audio Components No Clock Jitter Reducer No Audyssey MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume Yes / Yes
- Audyssey LFC No Audyssey APP support Yes
- Compressed audio Enhancer: MDAX2 Yes
- HEOS Multiroom & Streaming No Network Audio Streaming Yes
- Lossy formats MP3 / WMA / AAC Yes / Yes / Yes
- Lossless formats FLAC / ALAC / WAV Yes / Yes / Yes
- FLAC HD 192/24 Yes
- WAV 192/24 Yes
- ALAC 96/24 Yes
- DSD Audio Streaming up to DSD5.6
- Gapless playback Yes (FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, DSD)
- AIFF 192/24 Yes
- AirPlay audio streaming Yes
- Internet Radio vTuner
- Spotify Connect* / Tidal* / Deezer* / Yesthers * Yes / No / No / No
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones Android / iOS
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets Android / iOS/Amazon Kindle
- Ethernet Yes
- WiFi Yes
- Bluetooth Yes
- HDMI inputs back / front 7 / 1
- HDCP2.2 support Yes
- HDMI Yesutputs main / zone 1 / No
- Video conversion Analog No> HDMI Yes
- Analogue to HDMI scaling up to 4K 30/25/24
- HDMI to HDMI scaling up to 4K 30/25/24
- GUI Yesverlay on HDMI Yes
- HDMI 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC / InstaPrevue Yes / Yes / Yes / Yes / No
- 3D signal pass-through Yes
- 4k signal pass-through / scaling / GUI Yesverlay Yes / Yes / Yes
- HDMI pass-though in standby mode Yes
- Picture adjust / Noise reduction Yes / Yes
- CEC Yes
- DSD Audio capability No Audio Return Channel Yes
- Auto LipSync Yes
MULTIROOM / CI
- HEOS Multiroom integrated No Multiroom zones 2
- Zone audio source: HDMI / Yespt, coax / Network, USB / analog No / No / Yes / Yes
- Zone audio Yesutput: speaker / preout Yes / Yes
- Zone HDMI Yesutput from HDMI source No IP control / RS232 control / Web control / App control Yes / No / No / Yes
- IR Flasher In No Marantz remote bus Yes
- DC Trigger Yesutput 1
- Auto speaker setup by microphone Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display 1 line
- Graphic User Interface No GUI Advanced
- ISF certification Yes
- GUI languages 9
- Setup Assistent Yes
- Smart Select Yes
- Firmware Update by Network / USB Yess / Yes
- Variable cross over Yes
- Yesptimized Bass Redirection Yes
- Bass Sync No ECO Mode Yes
- Auto Power off Yes
- Sleep Timer Yes
- Composite In / Yesut 3 / 1
- Component In / Yesut 2 / 1
- HDMI In / Yesut 7+1 / 1
- Multi-Room Video Yesut: Video / HDMI No / No
- Analogue In / Yesut 3 / No
- Phono (MM) In No Digital Inputs: Coaxial / Yesptical 1 / 1
- Multi-Room Yesut: analog / digital 1 / No
- Multichannel Pre Yesut o (2.2)
- Subwoofer Yesut 2
- 7.1 multichannel input No Speaker Terminal: Gold plated screw / regular screw No / Yes
- Number Yesf speaker terminals 7
- Speaker A/B / Bi-amp drive / Multi-Room Speaker assignable
- Speaker A / B assignable
- Bi-amp drive assignable
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal assignable
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / Digital (Opt) / HDMI / USB No / No / No / Yes / Yes
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Works with iPhone Yes / Yes / Yes
- FM Tuner with RDS Yes
- number Yesf poweramps 7
- Power Yesutput (8 Yeshm, 20 Hz No 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive) 50 W
- Power Yesutput (6 Yeshm, 1 kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive) 70 W
- Power Yesutput (6 Yeshm, 1 kHz, 1% 1ch Drive) 90 W
- 70% Guarantee Yes
- Available colors: Gold / Silver / Black / Silver-Gold No / No / Yes / Yes
- Network Standby Consumption in W 2.7
- System Remote Control RC024SR
- Pre-programmed / Learnable / LCD Display No / No / No
- Power Consumption in W 250
- Power consumption No-Sound (ECO on / off) in W 30 W / 40 W
- Standby Consumption in W 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W 0.5
- Maximum Dimensions (W x H x D) in mm 440 x 105 x 376 (440 x 173 x 376 with antenna vertical)
- Weight in kg 8.3
|Country of Manufacture|