Marantz MCR611 Melody Stream Network AirPlay Wi-Fi CD / DAB receiver
The moment you see the M-CR611 you’ll know that this latest incarnation is pure refinement. With a high-gloss jet-black finish and organically curved side panels, the immediate impression is style and elegance. The centre comes in either black or apple white and the front colour illumination can be changed to white, blue, green or orange for a customisable flourish. The M-CR611 not only looks superb, it’s also a superb performer, reproducing excellent CD-audio, FM, DAB/DAB+ and Network files. Designed with ease of use in mind, the Melody Media features a simple “one-push” Wi-Fi connect.
New Bluetooth with NFC boasts connectivity options further and iDevices can be hooked up via a front facing USB port, with an extra rear port for convenience. And there are two digital inputs for connection to a TV. The Melody Media now supports Spotify Connect, as well as a host of other digital media and streaming features. Alongside listening to millions of songs on the world’s most popular online music service, it allows playback of music libraries stored on a NAS (Network Attached Storage) or a computer, provides access to thousands of free internet radio stations, and even supports Apple AirPlay. Listeners can also take control via an Android and iOS compatible Marantz Hi-Fi Remote app.
An additional new feature is the speaker A / B configuration, allowing individual volume control for A and B, or master volume control for A and B. Use the Melody Media not just to flood one room with music, but two. This is real versatility in elegant housing. The M-CR611 also supports ALAC, as well as 192kHz / 24bit high-resolution WAV, FLAC, AIFF files, 2.8MHz DSD file and Gapless playback.
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 - Bookshelf Speakers
Billed as the successor to the Diamond 121 model, the Diamond 220 bookshelf speakers deliver to the usual high standards of Wharfedale but with even greater refinement, both inside and out.
The 220s now feature a cabinet within a cabinet style construction, with two layers of MDF being separated by particleboard. This reduces the usual levels of resonance involved with typical cabinet construction for a cleaner sound. Additionally, the crossovers have been refined for greater integration between drivers.
The bass port remains at the foot of the speaker, in between the cabinet and the plinth on which it sits. Using the 'Slot Loaded Distributed Port', it allows for a smoother air transition, thus helping to reduce distortion at lower frequency levels. This also gives greater scope for positioning within small to medium sized rooms as the Diamond 220s can be placed as close as 50mm away from your wall without impairing the performance.
Aesthetically, a high gloss finish with superior MDF outer enhances the look and feel of the cabinet, making the modest price tag of the Diamond 220s even more astonishing.
Marantz MCR611 Melody Stream Network AirPlay Wi-Fi CD / DAB receiver in Black or Silve
- 60W x 2ch (6 ohms)
- 4x 30W for speaker A/B with individual volume setting
- Marantz Hi-Fi sound performance
- Plays CD, WMA/MP3 (CD-R/RW)
- AirPlay on board
- Online Music Service Spotify Connect
- Internet Radio
- Computer/NAS music file streaming (DLNA1.5)
- 2 USB inputs for iPhone/iPod and USB memory play (Front and Rear, Type-A)
- 2 Digital optical inputs for TV or Digital device
- Built in Wi-Fi network module and built in antenna
- Bluetooth with NFC
- Customisable front illumination
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1kHz) 60 W
- Number of channels 2
- Freq. Response (Analogue In) 5 Hz - 22 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (audio) 90 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (audio) 0.1%
- Receiving Range (Band III / Band L) o / -
- Signal to Noise Ratio DAB (Mono/Stereo) 95 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion DAB 0.02%
- Frequency response DAB 20Hz - 20 kHz
- Stereo Separation DAB 75 dB
- Frequency Range FM 87.5 - 108 MHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo) FM 74 / 70 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (Mono/Stereo) FM 0.3 / 0.4%
WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 220 - Bookshelf Speakers Features:
- EnEnclosure Type - bass reflex
- Transducer Complement - 2-way
- Bass Driver - 130mm Woven Kevlar Cone
- Treble Driver - 25mm Soft Dome
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) - 86dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power - 25-100W
- Peak SPL - 95dB
- Nominal Impedance - 8ohm
- Compatible Minimum Impedance - 4.1ohm
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 56Hz - 20kHz
- Bass Extension (-6dB) - 45Hz
- Crossover Frequency - 2.2kHz
- Cabinet Volume (in litres) - 7L
- Height (on plinth & spikes) - 315mm
- Width - 174mm
- Depth (with terminals) - 227+28mm
- Carton Size - 495 x 320 x 410mm
- Net Weight - 5.3kg/pcs
- Gross Weight - 12.6kg/ctn
|Country of Manufacture|