This tiny amp will power your whole system
Need more power for your entire system, but lack space? Kenwood's Excelon X802-5 five-channel amplifier delivers 50 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers, while sending up to 500 watts RMS to a sub, yet it'll still fit almost anywhere in your vehicle. You can also use this amp in 3-channel mode to power a pair of high-performance speakers with 150 watts RMS each, and a sub with 500 watts.
High-and low-pass filters let you optimize the sound for your vehicle and speakers. For the subwoofer channel, a precise low-pass filter lets you optimize the sound for your sub, while the built-in bass boost lets you dial in just the right amount of thump. An optional wired Kenwood KCA-RC01A remote control lets you control your sub's level from the front seat.
Class D technology ensures that this compact amp will run cool and perform reliably. Kenwood divided the amp's internal circuitry — analog, digital, and power supply — onto separate, non-overlapping circuit boards for improved overall sound quality. The X802-5 accepts input signals via RCA cables from an aftermarket receiver or by way of your vehicle's speaker wiring, so it'll work with almost any mobile audio system. If you do use the speaker-level inputs, the amp can sense the signal and turn itself on, so you won't need to run a separate remote turn-on lead to the receiver or fuse box.
- Kenwood X-Series X802-5
- Class-D FullRange Stable 5-Channel Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 50 watts x 4 chan. + 300 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 75 watts x 4 chan. + 500 watts x 1 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- Total power output: 1600 watts
- CTA-2006 Compliant
- Optional KCARC01A remote control
- Pulse Width Modulated MOSFET power supply
- 3-way protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Dual speaker terminals simplify the hookup of multiple speakers
- Input sensitivity:
- Low level: 4V-12V
- High level: 0.2V-5V
- Frequency Response: 20 - 50000Hz
- Frequency Response (Sub): 20 - 200Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <1.0%
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB
- Variable high-pass filter: 50 - 200 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable low-pass filter: 50 - 200 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Variable Bass Boost: 0 to +18 dB bass boost at 40 Hz
- 4 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation
- Dimensions: 9"W x 7 3/8"L x 2 3/16"H
- UK Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty