Brilliant bass performance
This JL Audio M6 Series 8" marine subwoofer reflects JL Audio's commitment to awesome sound, cutting-edge styling, and quality engineering. This rugged sub can really rock, with a massive magnet and heavy-duty componentry that can handle up to 200 watts RMS. It's tough, too, with a sealed waterproof front and the stylish, UV-resistant grille of your choice.
Volume and versatility
The motor structure allows for extended cone movement, so your bass will be loud and low, yet precise and smooth. This versatile sub is optimized for infinite baffle (free air) operation, but it also works in sealed or ported enclosures. You can mount it directly into a bulkhead if there's no space for a box. Add it to your existing system, or use it in conjunction with JL Audio's marine speakers to create a powerful sound system that will really rock the waves.
Designed for life on the water
Built from the ground up for the marine environment, this rugged subwoofer sports a corrosion-resistant polymer basket that surrounds the internal structure for extra protection. The marine-grade synthetic fiber spider, injection-molded polypropylene cone, and synthetic rubber surround provide outstanding performance while shrugging off the corrosive effects of sun, salt, and moisture. The UV-resistant grilles will stay factory-fresh even after years of outdoor exposure.
- Purpose-engineered and built for real marine duty, the M6 infinite-baffle woofers are designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure.
- Long excursion capability and rugged suspension systems help produce a deep, powerful bass response that will transform your boat's audio system.
- The M6-8IB is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 200W range and is optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it (at least 1.5 cu. ft. / 42.5 l).
- Like all JL Audio marine speakers, this driver is built to withstand a real saltwater marine environment and deliver years of listening enjoyment.
- UK Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 200 W
- Recommended Amplifier Power (RMS): 50 - 200 W
- System Efficiency: 86.7 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance: 4Ω
- Nominal Diameter: 8.0 in / 200 mm
- Overall Diameter: 8.80 in / 224 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter: 7.97 in / 202 mm
- Frontal Grilles Protrusion*: 1.45 in / 37 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter: 7.375 in / 187 mm
- Mounting Depth: 5.00 in / 127 mm
- Driver Displacement: 0.033 cu ft / 0.93 L
- Net Weight: 8.70 lbs / 3.90 kg
- Injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated with UV inhibitors for marine duty.
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spiders with progressive roll designs to withstand high humidity.
- Specifically engineered polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
- Marine-grade stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
What's in the box:
- One 8" Marine subwoofer
- 1 Grille
- Six 1-1/2" Stainless-steel screws
- 6 Stainless-steel flat washers
- Owner's manual