7AE Subwoofer Drivers
2011 marks the tenth anniversary of our flagship automotive subwoofer drivers. To commemorate this occasion, each W7 model is now offered in special "Anniversary Edition" (AE) trim, which includes a satin black frame finish, a bright-anodized trim ring and special badging.
Once you begin to analyze the technology and the performance envelope of a W7AE, you realize that these are much more than just 'big SPL speakers'.
The W7AE embodies JL Audio's commitment to pushing the envelope of speaker technology, with six patented technologies and a completely unique set of component parts. Each W7AE model has been meticulously engineered to reproduce sub-bass with extreme fidelity at any volume level.
It wouldn't be enough for this speaker to sound great or be loud, it had to do both... at the same time. Meeting this goal required us to develop a deeper understanding of the inner behavior of speakers, new and proprietary modeling systems and six new, patented technologies.
Along the way, we encountered many obstacles and dead ends that affected our design direction. We considered countless solution sets and discovered, through modeling, experimentation and dozens of prototype generations, which ones would help achieve our goal (and which would not).
The final product is a completely original design from surround to back-plate, requiring a significant tooling investment for all of the component parts. Each individual W7AE model is a completely unique design and shares no major parts with its siblings because each motor and each suspension system is specifically designed and tuned for that model. Even the bolts and screws used to assemble the speaker have been purpose-designed and manufactured to our specifications.
The result is the ultimate subwoofer driver... one which can thrill you equally with finesse or brute force and delivers a musical listening experience like no other.
All W7 subwoofers are built to exacting quality standards in our Miramar, Florida factory.
Did you know?
The W7 drivers are the core of the amazing JL Audio Fathom® and Gotham® powered subwoofers for home and professional use.
- 8" W7 Series Subwoofer Driver
- Power Handling:
- Recommended Power Range: 200 - 500 watts
- Impedance: Single 3 Ohm
- Polypropylene W-Cone assembly
- Polyester foam OverRoll surround
- Floating-cone attach method
- Plateau-reinforced spider attachment
- Radially cross-drilled pole piece
- Massive forced-air-cooled aluminum alloy frame
- Highly linear, DMA-Optimized motor system
- Huge diameter, progressive roll spider
- Co-extruded double lead wires
- Dual ultra-long voice coils
- Aluminum Bar Grille Available: JL Audio SGR-8W7
- Precision-built in USA at JL Audio's Miramar, Florida factory
- Mounting depth: 6.83 "
- Cutout dimensions: 6.94 "
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 35.2 Hz
- Sensitivity: 82.7 dB
- Xmax: 19 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.1100%
- Frequency response: ~23 ~ 200 Hz
- Matching Amplifiers:
- JL Audio JD500/1D
- JL Audio XD600/1v2
- UK Internet Dealer
- Manufacturer's Warranty
What's in the box:
- One 8" Single voice coil subwoofer (attached to an MDF baffle board with 12 Phillips-head screws)
- Owner's manual
- On-line product registration information