Special offer - 5-1/4" two-way component system including Plus One® woofer and 1" textile dome tweeter with I-mount (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter kit and Starfish™ OEM adapter.
Plus One® woofer cones - This patent pending technology deliver a cone with more surface area than competing models of the same size. The result is increased bass output and higher efficiency.
True Four Ohms— All Reference speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Reference Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit.
Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used w-domes, but fully-edge-driven domes like those found in better home audio speakers. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer.
Each Infinity Reference component system includes a pair of laboratory optimized passive crossover netorks that include tweeter adjustment. If the tweeters are located low in the doors or if you are looking for a brighter sound, set the tweeter at +3dB.
To facilitate proper installation and location of the tweeter, each Reference component system includes Infinity's patented I-Mount™ (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter mounting kit including the Starfish™ OEM adapter.
- 5-1/4" 2-way Reference Series Component System
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 450 watts per set / 225 watts each side
- RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts each side
- Plus One+ woofer cone design offers greater bass output and increased efficiency
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone woofer
- Hi-Roll rubber surround
- 1" Edge-driven textile dome tweeter
- Starfish mounting brackets for easy tweeter installation
- 2-way external crossover network
- 2 ohms impedance
- True Four Ohm Technology - speaker's 2 ohm impedance combines with OEM speaker wire impedance for a 4 ohm load
- Top-mount depth: 2-1/4"
- Authorized Internet Dealer
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
|Country of Manufacture|