The Arcam A19 offers "a staggeringly open sound that's wonderful to hear at this price" and this is why it has picked up not only Best Stereo Amplifier £500-£800 & Product of the Year at the 2013 What HiFi Awards
Arcam A19 Integrated Amplifier continues its predecessors heritage faithfully and advances it to deliver new levels of sound quality and convenience. Arcam is confident the A19 will delight music lovers of all generations.
It delivers exceptional transparency and detail with ultra-low level distortion and is perfect for those
looking for reference level sound quality at it’s price point and beyond.
Featuring some of the latest thinking in high performance amplifier design, the A19 uses components
and techniques normally found in Arcam’s top of the range products.
The A19’s design and performance have been refined and tuned to an exquisite degree. This focus on sound quality has led to an intellegent power supply design that also enables the amplifier to offer a flexible upgrade path.
The power supply of the A19 is designed to be able to supply two of Arcam’s class-leading r-Series products. This allows the A19 to become a digital hub for a whole range of digital connection upgrades that includes both wireless Bluetooth devices and USB sources.
While the world of music is increasingly a digital one, analogue sources are not forgotten. The continued
popularity of vinyl has led Arcam to to equip the A19 with a new ultra-low noise moving magnet (MM)
phono stage that allows the music enthusiast to enjoy their vinyl collection afresh.
While the use of high performance headphones has grown dramatically of late, little effort has been made to improve the headphone sections of the amplifiers that drive them. The A19 addresses this by employing a completely new circuit that can deliver a level of sound quality that will thrill even the most demanding listener.
The A19 is built to the same very high standards as Arcam’s other FMJ series products. Arcam engineers
have chosen every critical component using careful measurement and years of design experience.
These audiophile grade components are designed into a circuit layout configuration that has been carefully optimised for the very best performance.
The A19’s audio circuits are combined with an ultra-low noise power supply built around a muscular toroidal transformer. These state-of-the-art electronics are encased in a resonance damped chassis which exudes quality and perfectly matches the sound quality of this outstanding Arcam amplifier.
- Continuous power output (20Hz—20kHz at 0.5% THD), per channel
- Both channels, 8O, 20Hz—20kHz: 50W
- Single channel, 4O, at 1kHz: 90W
- Harmonic distortion, 80% power, 8O at 1kHz: 0.003%
- Input sensitivity at 1kHz: 5mV
- Input impedance: 47kO + 100pF
- Frequency response (ref. RIAA curve): 20Hz—20kHz ± 1dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref. 5mV input: 80dBOverload margin, 50mV at 1kHz: 20dB
Line and AV inputs
- Nominal sensitivity: 1V
- Input impedance: 10kO
- Maximum input: 4.6Vrms
- Frequency response: 20Hz—20kHz ± 0.2dB
- Signal/noise ratio (Awtd) 50W, ref. 1V input: 105dB
- Nominal output level: 630mV
- Output impedance: 230O
- Maximum output level into 600O: 4V
- Output impedance: 1ohm
- Load range: 16O—2kO
Accessory power output
- Using accessory power cable supplied, provides two 2.1mm DC connectors: 6V, 1A
- Mains voltage: 110–120V~ or 220–240V~
- Power consumption (maximum): 350W
- Dimensions W x D x H (including feet): 432 x 275 x 85mm
- Weight (net): 8.5kg
- Weight (packed): 10.2kg
- Supplied accessories: Mains lead, CR108 remote control, 2 x AAA batteries, Accessory power cable
|Country of Manufacture|